Being a Governors State University Resident Assistant has many benefits.
Career and other benefits:
- Skills for your future: As an RA you can take advantage of training that will become an important credential in your life after graduation from GSU. Many of the skills you learn and practice as an RA are those employers look for such as:
- strong communication skills
- ability to mediate and resolve conflict
- ability to be a supporting team member
- setting and reaching goals
- Investment in your success. As a Governors State RA, you will develop strong working and personal relationships with other RAs, the Residence Hall Director and other housing staff members. As you share your experiences, you help each other achieve success.
- Making a difference in the lives of fellow GSU students.
- Free room in a four-bedroom single occupancy apartment (valued at $3,934/semester)
- $500 per semester on your myONECARD for purchases where the card is accepted
- $500 per semester Meal Plan on the myONECARD to be used at the cafeteria or C-store
- RA staff members who work during the break periods will receive an additional stipend for their responsibilities during the break period