Master of Arts in Education
Announcing: EDUC 6501: Topics in Education: Teaching English as a Second Language available online beginning Fall 2012!
The Master of Arts in Education* is designed to enhance and facilitate your professional development as an in-service classroom teacher, regardless of the level at which you teach—primary/elementary, middle school/junior high, or secondary. The program will enable you to improve your effectiveness in the classroom by:
- increasing your knowledge and skill in your chosen area of teaching,
- preparing you to assume leadership roles within their school systems,
- helping you take responsibility for your continued professional development,
- and assisting you to develop the skills to solve significant problems of practice.
By relating theory to practice, the program emphasizes your development as a reflective practioner committed to lifelong learning and to holding your students to high expectations.
- Computer Education
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Math Education
- Science Education
*Completion of this degree program, which is designed for the professional development of certified teachers, does not lead to additional certification in the State of Illinois.
Program Coordinator: Dr. Larry Cross
Academic Advisor: Terrance Felker