Autumn in New England: Art Odyssey 2014
October 28 to November 2
Join us for a fall adventure to some of the most iconic sculpture parks, museums, restaurants and hotels in New England. As the leaves change hue, share an unforgettable experience with fellow sculpture lovers. Those who have traveled with the Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park(NMSP) before recognize that we offer authentic art experiences combined with exceptional value.
- New England Sculpture Service – in-depth introduction to bronze casting, including a bronze pour
- Tour of the DeCordova Sculpture Park and Museum
- Explore Stockbridge, a quintessential New England town
- Tour of Norman Rockwell museum and studio
- Afternoon at Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art (MASS-MoCA)
- Explore North Adams
- Tour of the studio and home of Thomas Cole, America’s first American artist
- Lunch at Culinary Institute of America, the sine que non of culinary schools in the U.S.
- Tour of Tuthilltown Spirits Distillery, a boutique distillery recently acclaimed by the NY Times.
- Tour of DIA Beacon with opportunities to see several monumentally scaled works by Richard Serra, among other minimalist sculptors.
- Storm King Art Center – the Grand-daddy of Sculpture Parks, this facility spreads majestically across over 350 acres of meadow punctuated by hilly terrain. We will spend the entire day exploring this phenomenal installation.
- We’ll wrap up the week with dinner at The Artist’s Palate/Canvas, a boutique restaurant owned by Charles Fells. Taking full advantage of autumn’s bounty, the menu of locally-sourced dishes will be paired with commentary and wines from local Millbrook Vineyard. It will be an incomparable way to close our week together.
- Surprise destination overlooking the Hudson Valley
Pricing for the General Public is $2,089 (double occupancy) or $2,389 for individual travelers. Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park Pathfinders will receive a special fee of $1,899 (double occupancy) or $2,199 for a single traveler. Become a Pathfinder now at the Grassroots Supporter ($100) level, save $89, and still receive your $200 tax deduction!
Find a registration form and detailed day-by-day itinerary here >
Register for Autumn in New England: Art Odyssey 2014 by contacting Gina Ragland at 708.235.7559.
For more information about any aspect of the tour, contact Geoffrey Bates at 708.534.4848 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*All activities are subject to change based on schedule and availability.