MHA Mission Statement
In concert with the mission of the University and the College of Health and Human Services, the mission of the Masters in Health Administration is to prepare, educate and develop mid-career professionals working in the health services arena for competent and progressive decision-making and for increasing managerial responsibilities within the greater Chicago metropolitan area and State of Illinois. The Program is particularly interested in attracting students who traditionally have been under-served by higher education. It aims to instill students a strong commitment to the standards of professionalism. The Program’s teaching mission is supported by active faculty service and scholarship brought into the classroom to enhance the students’ learning experience.
MHA Vision Statement
The vision of the Graduate Program in Health Administration at Governors State University is to achieve and be known for excellence in health administration education of minority, women, and underserved populations. This vision guides our efforts to prepare our students to be diversified, innovative and effective health care managers.
To support our mission statement, the Graduate Program in Health Administration at GSU values:
1. Excellence: We are committed to offering the most up-to-date and cutting-edge knowledge to our students.
2. Diversity: We embrace different backgrounds and value different perspectives and approaches in order to create optimal learning experiences for our students and faculty.
3. Innovation: We value new ideas and approaches in the creation, transmission and preservation of knowledge in classrooms and in the MHA program.
4. Professionalism: We strive to integrate academic integrity, ethical behavior, service and professional development to further the education of our students.
5. Lifelong learning: We commit to lifelong learning for the continuous development of knowledge and skills required by the dynamic and ever-changing health care sector.
6. Affordability: We are dedicated to providing the most affordable education in our region.