Benefits of Living on Campus
National studies show that students who live on campus tend to have a higher graduation rate, higher grade point average and are more likely to be connected to their university.
The convenience of living on campus provides students easy access to numerous campus resources such as faculty and academic advisors, the library, computer labs, bookstore, dining facilities, recreational facilities, and student organizations. Additionally, students have the opportunity to interact with university faculty outside the classroom by participating in a variety of campus-wide and University Housing programs.
If that’s not enough, you’ll also benefit from:
- No commute
- Community activities and programs
- Opportunity to take on leadership roles in your community with Hall Council and other student organizations
- Develop relationships with a diverse population of people
- Being able to participate in late night study group without concern of having to drive home late at night
- Housing cost billed directly to your student account
- Rates include electricity, heat, water, sewer, waste removal, internet connection and cable-television service
- Free wireless access as well as computer network port for each student
- Card-operated laundry facilities right inside your residence hall
- 24/7 access control to student living areas
- Convenience store right in your hall
- High standards for facility cleanliness and repair
- Opportunity to create memories to last a lifetime and meet other people who will likely be friends for life.