Freshman students are required to attend a Mandatory Orientation Session. All ROAR! sessions consist of a full day program for students and family members.
ROAR! = Resources, Orientation, Advising and Registration
During ROAR! you will interact with other new students, faculty
members and administrators, meet with your academic advisor and register
In addition, this will be a great chance for you to discover the various
opportunities provided at Governors State including involvement in
student organizations, volunteer opportunities, support services, and
many other aspects of being a GSU student.
members are invited and encouraged to attend ROAR. We'll provide you with information about various academic programs and
services available to your students.
RSVP for ROAR! is not yet available. Please save the dates for planning purposes.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-235-6819
Summer 2016 ROAR! Dates
Session I - Wednesday, June 22, 2016
Session II – Thursday, July 14, 2016
Session III – Tuesday, July 26, 2016
Session IV – Wednesday, August 3, 2016
All sessions meet 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Students must attend the entire program.
Check-in and Campus Tours will begin at 8:00 a.m.
- Submit Final High School Transcripts
- Participate fully in Orientation program and sessions
- Submit Immunization Records to Academic Resource Center (Room B1215)
- Consider living in Prairie Place. (Congratulations if you have already submitted your housing contract)
- Check the GSU foundation webpage for any scholarships for which you may qualify
- Check your class schedule and speak to your academic advisor, LaTonya Holmes about making any changes