Civil Service Senate
Roster | Educational Assistance | Employee of the Month | Minutes
Attn: Laura Owens
Governors State University
One University Parkway
University Park, Illinois 60484
The Senate shall recommend policies and procedures concerning Civil Service affairs, evaluations, salary, merit, Civil Service education and development, Civil Service governance, grievances, and campus physical resources.
The Civil Service Senate shall advise on the specific decisions which may be made under any of these policies and procedures in a manner which shall be set forth in the Bylaws of the Civil Service Senate. This advisement shall be limited to those decisions not specifically covered or stipulated by a ratified Civil Service union agreement and those not in the process of bargaining.
The Senate shall maintain all powers and responsibilities, as assigned in the Governors State University Constitution and the Civil Service Senate Bylaws.
- The Civil Service Senate meets at 11:00am on the second Tuesday of each month in room D1496.
- The Civil Service Executive Senate committee meets in closed session usually the first Thursday usually at 11:30am in Cafeteria
- The Civil Service Senate committees meets vary, contact the committee chair for schedule.
Policies, Procedures, and Regulations
Council of Councils
Fiscal Year 2013 Roster
- President: Laura Owens, 2013, Ext. 2134, CHHS
- Vice President: Sheryl Jones-Harper*, 2013, Ext. 7416, Financial Services
- Recording Secretary: Gina Ragland, 2012, Ext. 7559, Development Office
- Corresponding Secretary: Lauren Escolato*, 2013, Ext. 7643, Center Point
- Financial Secretary: Shelina Jenkins, 2013, Ext. 7894 Adm.Processing
- Lynn Clayton*: 2014, COE, Ext. 3075
- Paula Cosenza: 2014, CAS, Ext. 4080
- Latonia Richmond : 2013, CAS, Ext. 4570
- Sandi Kawanna: 2014, CAS/LIBA, Ext. 4011
- Eric Nicholson*: 2014, University Library, Ext. 7508
- Mary Rothenburg : 2013, CPA, Ext. 2239
- Raquel Rios-Aguirre: 2012, COE/P&C, Ext. 4516
- Deb Sbalcheio: 2014, Ext. 4910
- Scott Smith: 2013, FDM
- Karen Sinwelski*: 2014, CAS, Ext. 7335
- Adrienne Grey: 2013, CBPA, Ext. 7612
- Mary Wilkensen: 2014, CAS, Ext. 4012
*Also serves as a committee chairperson
Ann Jaso, EAC Representative, CHHS, Ext. 4914
Back to top
CS Review—Your GSU Civil Service Newsletter
State University Retirement System (SURS) of Illinois
Educational Assistance Funds
Civil Service Scholarship/Educational Assistance Funds are awarded each term. The Civil Service Senate offers four awards of $250 each to GSU Civil Service employees, their spouse or dependent child.
The award recipient must be enrolled for three or more credit hours; a spouse or dependent child must be enrolled for a minimum of three credit hours at a university or college.
The deadline to submit an application is the first day of classes each trimester.
For information or to apply, contact Human Resources, Ext. 7470.
Employee of the Month
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to nominate a Civil Service employee for their good deed or service.
Call Stephanie Juez at Ext. 7470 or print the nomination form or pick one up from the nomination boxes on the 2nd Floor by the Library or in front of the door of the Human Resources Department.
The employee-of-the-month program is funded by the GSU Foundation.
February: Nancy Maurer
March: Bill Lopez
April: Kelly Robinson