- Ph.D., University of Akron, Marriage and Family Therapy, 2008
- MS.Ed., University of Akron, Counseling, 2004
- MSW, Washington University in St. Louis, Social Work, 2001
- B.S., Delaware State University, Social Work, 2001
- A.A.S., Central Piedmont Community College, Applied Science, 1999
- Dunham, S.M., & Dermer, S.B. (September, 2010) Unique Strengths and Challenges of African American Couples, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, Atlanta, GA
- Dunham, S.M., & Dermer, S.B. (May, 2010) Poisonous Parenting: Toxic Relationships between Parents & their Adult Children, PESI, King of Prussia, PA
- Dunham, S.M., Dermer, S.B., & Dobbs, A. (November, 2009). Emotional skillfulness in marriage African American Marriage: Intimacy as a mediator of the relationship between emotional skillfulness and marital satisfaction. Illinois Counseling Association, Springfield, IL.
- Smith, S., Crethar, H.C., Dermer, S.B., & Dunham, S.M. (October, 2009). Social Advocacy Genograms: A Model and Method to Aid Couples and Families to Overcome Systemic Oppression. Association of Counselor Education and Supervision. San Diego, CA
- Boender, J., Dermer, S.B., Smith, S., & Dunham, S.M. (March, 2009). Let's Talk About Sex: Or Our Clients Won't. Illinois Counseling Association, Tinley Park, IL
- Giovannelli, L., & Dunham, S. (November 2005). Who am I and Why am I So Angry? Co-facilitator and Presented at All of Ohio Counselors Conference, Columbus, OH
- Ethical Issues in Marriage and Family Therapy for Masters Ethics course. The University of Akron. (November 2007).
- Juvenile Sex Offenders in undergraduate Middle Childhood and Adolescence course, (October 2007).
- Mental Health Professions: Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Counseling for Campus Connection B.C.T. Inc. (August 2006).
- Power and Conflict in undergraduate Marriage in Courtship and Marriage in the Family, (October 2006).
- Joining with African Americans in therapy for Masters Practicum Department of Counseling, (March 2005).
- American Counseling Association, 2007 to current
- AWARD: Future of the field SAMFC/T, 2006
- American Associated of Marriage and Family Therapist, 2004 to current
- Society for the Advancement of Marriage and Family Therapy, 2004 to current
- Ohio Counseling Association, 2005 to current
- Chi Sigma Iota, 2005 to current