The Senate shall recommend policies and procedures concerning Civil Service affairs, evaluations, salary, merit, Civil Service education and development, Civil Service governance, grievances and campus physical resources.
The Civil Service Senate shall advise on the specific decisions which may be made under any of these policies and procedures in a manner which shall be set forth in the Bylaws of the Civil Service Senate. This advisement shall be limited to those decisions not specifically covered or stipulated by a ratified Civil Service union agreement and those not in the process of bargaining.
The Senate shall maintain all powers and responsibilities, as assigned in the Governors State University Constitution and the Civil Service Senate Bylaws.
Governors State University
One University Parkway
University Park, Illinois 60484
- The Civil Service Senate meets at 11 am on the second Tuesday of each month in room D1496.
- The Civil Service Executive Senate committee usually meets the first Thursday of the month at 11:30 am in the Cafeteria, meetings may vary, please contact the Correspondence Secretary for updates.
Policies, Procedures and Regulations
Fiscal Year 2014-15 Roster
- President: Sheryl Jones-Harper*, 2016, Ext. 7416, Financial Services
- Vice President:
- Recording Secretary: Joyce Giroux*, 2016, Ext. 4930, CBPA
- Corresponding Secretary: LaSheena Fuller*, 2017, Ext. 4481 Financial Aid
- Financial Secretary: Gina Ragland*, 2016, Ext. 7559, Development Office
- Paula Cosenza: 2016, CAS Ext. 4080
- Candace Dade: 2016, Registrar Ext. 4511
- Dennis Dent: 2016, Student Life Ext. 7609
- Melody Easterling: 2017, APO Ext. 7272
- Dorothea Franklin: 2016, Registrar Ext. 4505
- Kathleen Frossard-Fisher: 2017, Financial Services Ext. 7411
- Adrienne Grey: 2017, CBPA, Ext. 7612
- Melissa Hill: 2017, APO Ext. 4501
- Lynette Johnson: 2017, COE Ext. 7577
- Shaniqua Jones: 2017,
- Sandi Kawanna: 2016, CAS/LIBA, Ext. 4011
- Audrey McIntyre: 2016, FDC Ext. 7320
- Susie Morris: 2017, Student Life Ext. 4556
- Eric Nicholson*: 2016, University Library, Ext. 7508
- Raquel Rios-Aguirre: 2016, COE/P&C, Ext. 4516
- Debra Sbalchiero: 2017, CHHS Ext. 4910
- Karen Sinwelski:2017, CAS, Ext. 7335
- Merri Wilkerson: 2017, CAS, Ext. 4012
- Sabrina Slocum:2017, CAS, Ext.4102
*Also serves as a committee chairperson
Ann Jaso, CS Rep. Employee Advisory Committee, Ext. 4914
Raquel Rios-Aguirre, CS Rep. Employee of the Month Committee
Sheryl Jones-Harper, CS Rep. Employee Resolution Committee
CS Review—Your GSU Civil Service Newsletter
State University Retirement System of Illinois
Educational Assistance Funds
Civil Service Scholarship/Educational Assistance Funds are awarded each term. The Civil Service Senate offers four awards of $250 each to GSU Civil Service employees, their spouses or dependent children.
The award recipient must be enrolled for three or more credit hours; a spouse or dependent child must be enrolled for a minimum of three credit hours at a university or college.
The deadline to submit an application is the first day of classes each trimester.
For information or to apply, contact Human Resources, Ext. 7470.
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to nominate a Civil Service employee for their good deed or service.
Call Stephanie Juarez at Ext. 7470, print the nomination form or pick up a form from the nomination boxes on the second Floor by the Library or in front of the Human Resources Department.
The employee-of-the-month program is funded by the GSU Foundation.
CS Minutes 2-2015
CS Minutes 1-2015
CS Minutes 11-2014
CS Minutes 10-2014