International Student Check In
All new international students must come to the Office of International Services to check in upon their arrival to the United States. Each student will be required to provide the following during the Check In process:
- Copy of Your Passport (Biographical Page)
- Copy of Your U.S. Visa
- Copy of Your I-94 Card (Front & Back or I-94 Print Out)
- Copy of First Page of DS-2019 or First and Last Pages of I-20 with the Port of Entry Stamp (Or a Copy of Your Approval Notice for Your Current Status if Not F-1 or J-1)
- Proof of Insurance (F-1 & J-1 Students & Dependents Only)
All F-1 & J-1 visa holders and their dependents must be covered by valid health insurance while enrolled at Governors State University. At the beginning of each academic year you must show proof of valid health insurance.
Your policy must meet the following criteria:
- Medical benefits of at least $50,000 per accident or illness;
- Repatriation of remains in the amount of $7,500;
- Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of the student to his or her home country in the amount of $10,000; and
- A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.
*Please Note: If you do not complete the Check In process with the Office of International Services, then your immigration status will be terminated. Please come into the office as soon as possible once you have arrived at GSU.