Educational Policy Committee (EPC) of the Faculty Senate
Role and Responsibility of the EPC
Faculty Senate Bylaws, Article V, Section 3. Committee for Educational Policies (October 2003)
a. The Committee for Educational Policies shall:
- Serve as a clearinghouse for University educational policy originating from the administration or faculty.
- Review, for consistency, existing University and collegial educational policies and recommend appropriate changes.
- Recommend new policies designed to serve the needs of the institution.
- Receive, evaluate, and recommend policy proposals and/or revisions from faculty and/or administration where that function is not already included in the formal activities of some other Senate committee.
- Forward all recommendations concerning graduate studies concurrently to the Executive Committee and to the Graduate Studies Council.
- Conduct hearings and obtain expert testimony to help the Committee form University policy recommendations when advisable.
- Maintain a file of approved educational policies open for review in the University Library or other approved location.
EPC Membership 2010-11
Educational Policies Committee (EPC)
Farouk Shaaban (2012-14) - BPA
(2012-14) - BPA
Xiaoyong Chen (2012-14) - CAS
Elizabeth Johson (2012-14) - CAS
Barbara Winicki (2011-13) - COE
Lorenzo Flores (2012-14) - COE
Betsy Essex (2011-13) - CHHS
Darrin Aase (2012-14) - CHHS
Joshua Sopiarz (2011-13) - UL
Patricia Robey (2011-13) - At Large
Catherine Tymkow (2012-14) - At Large
Academic Policy Approval and Implementation Procedures
Educational Policy Application, Review, and Approval Form
> Faculty Senate
> Office of the Provost
updated 9/27/2010 pb