Information for FDC Parents
Calendar and Important Dates
- May 17 FDC closes at 1 pm for Staff meeting
- May 27 Memorial Day Holiday
- May 31 PreK graduation. Details to be announced
- June 28 FDC Closed for Staff In-Service
- July 4 Independence Day Holiday
- August 12-19 FDC Closed for Staff In-Service Week
- August 20 All FDC Programs OPEN
- September 2 FDC Closed for Labor Day HOLIDAY
- September 20 FDC Closed for Staff In-Service
- October 18 FDC Closed for Staff In-Service
- November 15 FDC Closed for Staff In-Service
- November 28 & 29 Thanksgiving HOLIDAY
- December 23-January 1, 2014 FDC Closed for Winter Break
- January 17, 2014 FDC Closed for Staff In-Service
- January 20, 2014 Closed for Martin Luther King's Birthday - HOLIDAY
- February 12, 2014 Closed for Lincoln's Birthday- HOLIDAY
- February 21, 2014 FDC Closed for Staff In-Service
- March 21, 2014 FDC Closed for Staff In-Service
- April 18, 2014 FDC Closed for Staff In-Service
- May 16, 2014 FDC Closed for Staff In-Service
- May 26, 2014 Memorial Day -HOLIDAY
- May 28, 2014 Last Day of Half Day PreK***
The Family Development Center serves Breakfast, Lunch and an afternoon Snack
to all children. The menus are written by a registered dietician, and cooked in
a licensed kitchen inspected by the Will County Department of Health. All meals
meet or exceed the requirements of the USDA and Illinois State Board of
Education under the Child Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). Our Cook and the
Executive Director are both certified Food Service Managers.
For the current FDC Menu, click here.
Birth to Three and Preschool Screening Dates
Call 708.235.7300 for an appointment and more information.
What takes place at a screening?
- Your child will be screened by a teacher using a developmental
instrument, while you talk with an interviewer about your child's development.
Your child will feel as if he or she is playing a game with the teacher.
Do I need to bring anything?
- You don't have to bring anything, but it will be helpful to have your
child's birth certificate, proof of income if you want to be considered on
income, and other information such as proof of WIC or a medical card.
Will I be able to enroll my child immediately?
- You may complete registration paperwork if you wish, we will need your
child's up to date immunizations and physical exam to enroll.
Parent Night Out
A place to meet other parents while learning something new that might help