Information for FDC Parents
Calendar and Important Dates
- May 25, 2018 CLOSED for Professional Development
- May 28, 2018 Memorial Day - Holiday - CLOSED
- June 22, 2018
CLOSED for Professional Development OPEN
- July, 4, 2018 CLOSED -Independence Day HOLIDAY
- August 13 to 20, 2018 CLOSED for Pre-Service Week.
- August 21, 2018 ALL Classrooms OPEN
- Sept. 3, 2018 CLOSED- Labor Day Holiday
- October 19, 2018 CLOSED for Professional Development
- November 21, 2018 CLOSED for Professional Development
- November 22-23- CLOSED for Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 21, 2018 CLOSED for Professional Development
- December 24 through Jan 1, 2019 WINTER Break- CLOSED
The Family Development Center serves Breakfast, Lunch and an afternoon Snack to all children. The menus are written by a registered dietician, and cooked in a licensed kitchen inspected by the Will County Department of Health. All meals meet or exceed the requirements of the USDA and Illinois State Board of Education under the Child Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). Our Cook and the Executive Director are both certified Food Service Managers.
For the Fall and Winter FDC Menu, click here. For the Spring and Summer Menu click here.
Early Head Start and Preschool Enrollment
We are so glad that you want to enroll your child in the Family Development Center. To make the process smooth and quick, please gather the following items so we can determine your discount and eligibility for grants. Once you have the items, please call the number below for an appointment.
- Birth certificate for your child/children.
- Medical card or insurance card
- WIC book if you have one
- Proof of family income from the past year. (check stubs, tax forms, child support, SSI, Disability,TANF)
- Complete physical exam form from your child's most recent visit
- Your child's shot record
- Proof of work or school schedule if you want full day child care
- Proof of child care assistance if you have it
- Pregnant women need a doctor's note with a due date
Once you have these items, please call 708-235-7300 and set up an appointment for application and possible enrollment.
Will I be able to enroll my child immediately?
- Yes, If you bring all those items we may be able to enroll your child immediately, depending on openings in our center.