Are you interested in a career in Health Administration?
•Is it time to take your career as a Health Administrator to the next level?
•Do you need to supplement your management credentials?
•Are you looking for part-time programs?
Whatever your goals, the College’s Department of Health Administration will provide the education you need to reach them, with part-time programming that allows you to work, live your life and meet your educational needs.
We offer an outstanding undergraduate education in Health Administration that lays a comprehensive foundation for administrators to manage healthcare facilities and health management agencies.
Our master’s degree program is informed by cutting-edge research and taught by award-winning faculty. We prepare graduates to enter management positions, fully prepared to take advantage of advancement opportunities.
also provide core curriculum courses for health disciplines that need
to understand the issues that confront health administrators.
Department of Health Administration
Named in the Top 50 Most Innovative
University Healthcare Administration Departments
as reported by the website, www.topmastersinhealthcare.com
"It's wonderful for the academic excellence and talent of our Health Administration Department
to be recognized. The faculty works very hard to ensure that our students have everything they
need to become leaders in this ever-changing healthcare environment."
Elizabeth A. Cada, ED>D., OTR/L, FAOTA,
Dean of the College of Health and Human Services and Dean of Graduate Studies at GSU.
Attributes that led to this honor include:
- A Master of Health Administration (MHA) program accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME). CAHME's rigorous review establishes the highest standard of excellence among MHA programs;
- A high student employment rate following graduation. Ninety-one percent of GSU's MHA graduates are employed within three months of graduation;
- Faculty members highly engaged in research in their field;
- A variety of educational programs, in addition to the MHA, such as a fully AUPHA-certified Bachelor of Health Administration (BHA) program and several certificate programs;
- A well0established student association (Student Healthcare Management Association - SHCMA), providing mentoring and professional development opportunities;
- An active honor society (upsilon Phi Delta Honor Society);
- A diverse student population, traditionally underserved by the higher education community; and
- GSU has the lowest undergraduate tuition and fees of any public university in Illinois.
Chair and Program Director:
Associate Professor Dr. Rupert M. Evans, Sr., DHA, MPA, FACHE
phone 708.235.2131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
HLAD Top 50