Center for the Junior Year
The Center for the Junior Year offers all students preparing to transition into their junior year a place to talk about their educational and personal interests and how to find the right academic program to meet their needs. Through the Center, students will get a handle on their career interests and how to turn their interests into academic programs that meet their personal, professional, and educational goals.
How do students engage with CJY:
• Students can sign up to meet with a Peer Success Coach who will work with them throughout the year
• Students can set up an appointment with the CJY staff
• Students can come during office hours for a walk-in session
Benefits of meeting with a CJY advisor:
• Get a better sense of your career/vocational direction and how to build an undergraduate education program that will help you best utilize the resources at GSU
• Think about how to integrate your field of study, experiential learning, and career development
• Learn how your field of study opens the doors to the "hidden job" market, professional school (e.g., Business, Law, Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy, Medical School) or graduate school
The Center is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.