The Student Advisory Board provides the Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students and the Assistant Dean of Students with a student-based perspective on issues related to the student experience at Governors State University.
The Student Affairs Board (SAAB) includes student leaders who will:
- Act as a sounding board for the Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students and the Assistant Dean of Students.
- Provide advisement/input on policies and procedures impacting the quality of student experience.
- Meet with a variety of university administrators to learn about institutional practices, functions, and operations
- Members will serve as student ambassadors of the Division of Student Affairs and advance the Governors State University mission by promoting the academic, personal and professional development of our students and inspiring them to be responsible citizens and leaders on-campus and in their communities.
- Provide feedback on existing Division of Student Affairs programming and services.
- Generate ideas for programming and services that best meet the needs of the student body.
- Share ideas and feedback on current issues affecting the Division of Student Affairs and the Governors State University community.
Criteria for Membership:
- All members will be in good academic standing.
- Members will be selected by the Vice President for Student Affairs and will serve one-year terms on the board.
- Members will be required to attend six meetings a year, typically September, October, November, February, March and April.
If you are invested in the Jaguar experience and have a desire to raise awareness of student issues and positively impact the student experience as only students can, please consider applying for an at-large-position Student Affairs Advisory Board at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/StudentAffairsSAB
Student Advisory Board Membership
The SAB will be comprised of undergraduate and graduate students, as each student brings a unique voice and perspective to the table. Membership will include:
- Student Senate President (or designee)
- Student Trustee (or designee)
- Hall Council President (or designee)
- Honors Advisory Board Representative
- Appointments from the following student organizations: Black Student Union, Association of Latin America Students, Intercultural Student Organization, Gender and Sexuality Club, and the Gay Straight Alliance.
- Three At-Large Undergraduate Members (through application)
- Three At-Large Graduate Members (through application)
- At-Large Student Athlete (through application)
- At-Large Student Veteran (through application)