For GSU Freshman & New Transfer
weeklong experiential learning opportunity leads to community service,
leadership, and self-awareness for freshman and new transfer students at
GSU. Participants enjoy this seminar at no cost. You will be immersed in the Five Dimensions of Leadership Development:
- Global/Community Perspectives: Multicultural activities, social justice programs, LGBT and women's issues, cultural immersion and group power dynamics.
- Ethics and Values: Students understand their own personal values and learn about ethics in the workplace.
- Personal Empowerment: Is achieved through enhancing interpersonal skills, confidence building, motivation, public speaking, stress and time management.
- Interpersonal Skills: Team dynamics, cooperative learning, conflict resolution/mediation, goal setting, leadership styles.
- Community Service opportunity: Students are introduced to the benefits of and encouraged to join the Community Service Council.
is held prior to the start of the Fall Semester, August 20th-24th and encompasses community service
projects, workshops, speakers and interaction with current campus leaders.Click here to register.
For More Information, Call Student Life: (708) 235-7362 or email SLCO@govst.edu.