GSU Foundation Scholarship Instructions and Guidelines
Important Scholarship Information
- Applications must be received by the deadline date of September 19, 2012
- Financial need scholarships require that a FASFA be on file at the time of application.
- Only one GSU Foundation scholarship may be awarded per academic year (New academic year begins with the fall semester).
- A student is allowed to receive a tuition waiver and/or scholarship up to cost of tuition and fees. The unused portion will be applied to the next term of enrollment in the current academic year.
- All scholarships are applied to tuition and fees only up to a maximum award. Unused funds will continue to be applied to the student’s account for subsequent semesters during the same academic year, unless otherwise noted, provided student continues to meet the minimum eligibility requirements.
- Tuition payments- If you have not received official notification about your scholarship application status by the tuition due date, you need to sign a tuition payment plan agreement and make a payment. If you are awarded a scholarship after you've made a payment, your overpayment, if any, will be refunded to you if your scholarship award exceeds your balance due.
- Community Honors Scholars and employees of the university are not eligible.
- If you have questions please call the Office of Financial Aid at 708.534.4480.
- Complete a separate application form for each scholarship
- Put the name of the scholarship at the top of your essay
- Do not use your name or other personal identifier in your essay
- Essay topics vary by scholarship.
- Submit two complete copies to:
c/o Office of Financial Aid
Governors State University
1 University Parkway
University Park, IL 60484-0975
- Winners will be notified by mail and/or e-mail.
- Scholarship recipients are expected to attend a scholarship reception in the Spring to meet the donors.
- Scholarship recipients are also expected to submit a letter thanking the scholarship donors.