College of Business and Public Administration
The following scholarships are currently available for students enrolled (or enrolling) in the College of Business and Public Administration for the Spring, 2014 term. Eligibility varies. Application Deadline: Must be received by 5 p.m. Thursday, December 12.
To apply, see Instructions and other Guidelines.
Martin Anthonisen Scholarship
Award: One at $500
- Enrolled in GSU’s Finance degree program
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Returning adult student with financial need
- Enrolled (or about to enroll) in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Essay (500 words) discussing reasons for choosing a career in finance, and indicating financial need.
American Logistics Association Endowed Scholarship
Award: Two at $1,000
- Undergraduate and graduate CBPA students in pursuit of a career in logistics
- Must be a veteran or active in the military or a federal civil service employee, or be a dependent of a veteran with an honorable discharge or a dependent of a federal civil service employee.
- Must also be a member of a household within a 50-mile radius of Chicago.
- Essay (500 words) covering observance of restrictions, experience in logistics, and academic/career aspirations in logistics-related field.
- Two letters of recommendation from a GSU faculty member and/or administrator, or from employment supervisors
CBPA Student Advisory Board Endowed Scholarship
Award: One at $1,000
- Undergraduate or graduate degree seeking student in the College of Business and Public Administration
- Completed minimum of twelve graded hours at GSU
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA
- Enrolled (or enrolling) in minimum of 6 credit hours
- US Citizen and resident of Illinois
- Essay (500 words) discussing commitment to school and community service as well as leadership qualities
- Two letters of recommendation from CBPA Faculty members attesting to service commitment and leadership qualities
Lorraine Fontana Endowed Memorial Scholarship
Award: One at $1,000
- Degree seeking student in the College of Business and Public Administration or College of Arts and Sciences
- Majoring in Management Information Systems, Accounting, Finance or Information Technology
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA, in good academic standing
- Must be enrolled (or enrolling)in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- U.S. Citizen
- Essay (500 words) describing your career goals and how this award will impact your education.
Jassac Charitable Foundation Scholarship Honoring Lorine S. Samuels
Award: Four at $500 (Follett Gift Card)
- Must be an undergraduate degree seeking student
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 from GSU or most recent school
- Must be enrolled (or enrolling) in a minimum of six credit hours
- African American student preferred
- Essay (500 words) outlining your career aspirations.
Rich Township Community Scholarships
Award: Four at $500
- Must live or work in Rich Township, Illinois
- 22 years of age or older
- Graduate or undergraduate degree seeking student at GSU
- Enrolled (or about to enroll) in at least 6 credit hours
- Rich Township officials or employees, or family members of officials or employees are not eligible.
- Preference is given to the a) Spouse of Military Reservist called to active duty; b) Single parent in the process of completing degree requirements; c) Recently unemployed person in process of training for a new career; or d) Veterans whose benefits do not cover textbooks. This is not a requirement.
- Essay (300 -500 words) outlining their career goals. Essay should include a description on how you fit into one or more of the above preferences, if applicable.