Special admission conditions for petition cases will ONLY be considered for the following reasons:
- Undergraduate applicants with less than a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale for at least 45 semester hours.
- Applicants who are not in good standing at the last institution attended.
- Applicants who have been suspended/dismissed may petition for admission for a semester no earlier than one year from the date of suspension or dismissal.
- We are currently transitioning from an upper division university to a four year university. Students with 24-44 semester hours of credit will not be accepted until Fall 2015.
- Applicants seeking admission based on credit/degree(s) earned from a non regionally-accredited institution(s)
- Applicants not in good conduct standing at the last institution attended must petition the provost's office for admission
- Students on probation and who have lost continuing student status must petition for admission.
- Students twice suspended from the university for academic reasons will not be considered for readmission to the university at any later date.
Please type into the petition form, print it out, and submit it back to the Admission Processing Office via fax (708) 534-1640 or mail to:
Governors State University
ATTN: Admission Processing Office
1 University Parkway
University Park, IL 60484
ALL forms are fill-in forms that allow a student to type their information directly onto the form. No hand written petition letters will be accepted.