- Ph.D., English, University of Illinois at Chicago, In Progress
- M.A., English, Governors State University, 1999
- B.A., English, Governors State University, 1995
- “The Incredible Highlander.” TICA Trend: The International Journal of The International Cat Association. January 2008.
- “Dreamer’s Story.” TICA Trend: The International Journal of The International Cat Association. February/March 2004.
- “Hull House Theater: A Burkean Reading.” December 2003. <http://www.hullhousetheater.homestead.com>
- Faculty Excellence Award Recipient, GSU, 2008
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers, 2002
- Outstanding Teaching Award: University of Chicago, October, 1999
- Biography published in 1998 Edition of Who’s Who Among America's Teachers
- Who's Who Among American Colleges and Universities 1997/1998
- GSU 1995 Student Teacher of the Year
- GSU Distinguished Scholarship Award
- Dean's List all semesters
- National Dean's List, 1994/1995
- All American Scholar, 1995
- GSU Alumni Scholarship, 1994/1995
- Academic Olympics State All Star, 1993
- PSC Business Dept. Outstanding Achievement
- “Directed Self-Placement and Latina Self-Determinism”, 32nd Annual Third World Conference Presentation, Chicago, IL, March 2006.
- “Third World Crisis: The Efficacy of Indigenous Language as a Tool of Postcolonial Resistance”, 28th Annual Third World Conference, Conference Proposal, Chicago, IL, submitted January 2002.
- “Third World Crisis: Language, Technology, and Globalization as Resistance”, Materialisms Conference Presentation, Chicago, IL, December 2001.
- "Teaching Reading and Writing Skills to L-2 Learners", 26th Annual Third World Conference Presentation , Chicago, IL, March 2000.
- Crete-Monee High School Warrior Bullpen Club Secretary – 2001 to 2003.
- Crete-Monee High School Warrior Quarterback Club Secretary – 2000-2001.
- Crete-Monee Warrior Booster Club member – 2001 to 2003.
- USA Fest committee member – 2001-2003.
- Crete-Monee High School Selection Committee for Head Varsity and Program Football Coach 2003.
- FantasTICAts Purebred Cat Club, an official club of The International Cat Association, President - 2002-2006.
- Highlander Breed Group, an official Breed Group of The International Cat Association – Vice President. 2005 – present
- Highlander Breed Group Genetics Committee Chair. 2007-present.
- Helped develop and write the Highlander breed standard as well as breed packet for breed advancement in TICA.
- GLACE: Great Lakes Area Cat Enthusiasts, member. 2005 – present.
- Buckeye Ohio Rollers: TICA Club, member 2006-present.
- American Biewer Association: member 2007-present.
- International Biewer Club, Germany: member 2008-present.
- Developed and presented workshop on cat health, breeding and showing for 4-H Cat club in Northwest, IN, April 2008.
- Developed and presented talk on responsible breeding practices to the University of IL Vet School, Companion Animal Club, February 2009.
- Judged 4 Northwest, IN 4-H cat shows in 2007-2008. Donated all judging fees back to the 4-H clubs.
- English Secondary Education Committee
- English Secondary Education Student Progress Committee
- Secondary Education Community Advisory Board
- English Search Committee member 1999/2000 and 2001/02
- University Honors Program Committee
- South Suburban Regional Writing Consortium