- Ph.D., Criminal Justice, Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas, 1998
- M.A., Law Enforcement Administration, Western Illinois University, Macomb, 1991
- B.S., Law Enforcement Administration, Western Illinois University, Macomb, 1988
- "The Myth of the Criminal Justice System from a Systems Approach", Book completion date March 2010.
- "A Commentary of America Draconian Criminal Justice System in Relations to the Industrialized Democratic Nations of Western Europe." Book Review Article published in the International Criminal Justice Review: 2007.
- “The Relationship Between a “Criminalgenic” Community and Continued Juvenile Crime Rates.” Journal Article published in the Journal of the Institute of Justice and International Studies: 2004.
- "Drug Politics: Dirty Money and Democracies." Jordan, David C. Norman, Oklahoma, University of Oklahoma Press, 1999, 288.
- "The War on Drugs III." Inciradi, James A. Boston, Massachusetts, Pearson Education, 2002, 324.
- "Prison Nation: The Warehousing of America’s Poor." Herivel, Tara and Paul Wright. New York, New York, Routledge Publishers, 2003, 332.
- "The Force of Prejudice: On Racism and Its Doubles. Taguieff, Pierre-Andre, Minneapolis Press." 2001, 410.
- "Racial Issues in Criminal Justice: The Case of African Americans." Free, Marvin D. Westport, Connecticut, Praeger Publishers, 2003, 278.
- "Racism, Crime, and Justice." Bowling, Ben and Coretta Phillips. United Kingdom, Cambridge University Press. 1999, 315.
- "Drug War Heresies: Learning from Other Vices, Times, and Places." MacCoun, Robert J. and Peter Reuter. Harlow, England, Pearson Education. 2001, 479.
- "Class. Race, Gender, and Crime: Social Realities of Justice in America." Barak, Gregg and Jeanne Flavin and Paul Leighton. Los Angeles, California. Roxbury Publishing Company, 2001, 302.
- "The Color of the Law: Race, Violence, and Justice in the Post-World War II South." O’Brien, Williams B. Chapel Hill, North Carolina, University of North Carolina Press. 1999.
- "Justice Blind: Ideals and Realities of American Criminal Justice." Robinson, Matthew B. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, Prentice Hall. 2002.
- "Crimes of the Century. Geis, Gilbert and Leigh Bienen." Boston, Massachusetts. Northeastern University Press. 1998.
- “Minority Police Officers’ Perceptions of Discrimination in a Large Urban Police Department: Policy Strategies for Self-Actualization.” Published in the 26th Third World Conference Proceedings: 2001.
- Field Placement Directory for the Office of Internships, Sam Houston State University, January 1994.
- The Imperative of Justice in the Equation of Criminal Justice, November 1993, The Sage SHSU Vol. 2 No. 4
- An Argument Against Racial Prejudice, December 1993, The Sage SHSU Vol. 1 No. 4
- Texas Justice Statistics Compendium, Sam Houston State University, June 1992.
- American Society of Criminology Fellowship, November 1996
- Houston Endowment Fellowship, 1992-1994
- “An Analysis of Faculty and Professional Advising in Post-Secondary Education." Midwestern Criminal Justice Association Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois, October 2005.
- “The Importance of Internships in Criminal Justice Curriculum at Governors State University." Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences, Chicago, Illinois, March 2005.
- “Re-evaluating Criminal Justice Internships at Governors State University.”Midwestern Criminal Justice Association Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois, October 2004.
- "The Relationship between a “Criminalgenic” Community and Continued Juvenile Crime Rates”. Impacting Juvenile Justice: The Intersection of Approaches An International and Interdisciplinary Conference The Institute of Justice and International Studies, Warrensburg, Missouri, March 2004.
- “The Myth of a Unified Criminal Justice System." Midwestern Criminal Justice Association Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois, October 2003.
- “Maintaining the Balance between Individual Rights Versus Group Rights In-Order to have a Safer America." Counter terrorism & Civil Liberties Conference The Institute of Justice and International Studies, Warrensburg, Missouri, March 2003.
- “The Relationship between Traditional Corrections, Minorities and HIV/AIDS Rates in America." Third World Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois, March 2003.
- “Female Police Officer’s Perceptions of Belonging in a Large Urban Police Department." American Society of Criminology Conference, Chicago, Illinois, November 2002.
- “Criminal Justice Education: The Need for External Review." Midwestern Criminal Justice Association Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois, October 2002.
- “Proposal for Putting Students First: Mastery of Student Learning." Illinois Board of Higher Education Assessment Conference, Bloomington, Illinois, June 2002.
- “The HIV/AIDS Epidemic as it Relates to Incarcerated Minority Inmates." Third World Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois, March 2002.
- Panel Presentation for Recruitment, Articulation and Marketing sponsored by the Office of the College of Arts and Science at Governors State University, September 2002.
- Panel Presentation for Pathways to Accreditation: A Model for Program Review and Validation sponsored by the Office of the Provost and Center for Quality at Governors State University, April 2002.
- “Female Police Officer’s Perceptions of Discrimination Concerning Security Need in a Large Urban Police Department." Midwestern Criminal Justice Association Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois, October 2001.
- “The Hidden Truth; Negative Consequences of Incarceration for Women and Minorities." Third World Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois, March, 2001.
- “Recruitment, Retention, and Education for Practitioners in the Field of Criminal Justice."Midwestern Criminal Justice Association Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois, October 2000.
- “Strategies for Self-Actualization for Female Minority Officers in Urban Police Departments." American Society of Criminology Annual Conference, Toronto, Canada, November 1999.
- “Minority/Female Officer’s Perceptions of Discrimination in a Large Urban Police Department: Policy Strategies for Self-Actualization of Police Officers." Third World Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois, March 1999.
- Panel Presentation for Student Life Division Black History Celebration. Governors State University, University Park, Illinois, February, 1999.
- Pre service Student Views of Affirmative Action: Law Enforcement Student "Attitudes at Western Illinois University." Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences Annual Conference March 1991.
- Academic Program Elimination Review Committee
- Art Search Committee at GSU (Two positions)
- BOG Advisor Search Committee
- CAS Grievance Committee
- CAS Division Personnel Committee
- Criminal Justice Club (Advisor)
- Criminal Justice Coordinator Search Committee
- Criminal Justice Internship Co-Coordinator
- Criminal Justice Portfolio Evaluator at GSU
- Criminal Justice Program Assessment Coordinator
- Criminal Justice Search Committee
- Director of Admission and Student Recruitment Search Committee
- Excellence Awards Committee
- External Program Manager Search Committee
- Faculty Senate at GSU
- Faculty Scholarship Task Force
- GSU/UPI Executive Board Committee
- GSU/UPI negotiation Team
- Herbert T. Odom Minority Mentoring Program
- HLC Subcommittee, Criterion 3
- Liberal Arts Search Committee
- Masters of Social Work Search Committee
- Nursing Search Committee
- Representative for the Advising Arena
- Representative for the Open Houses for Criminal Justice
- Advisory Board member of Cook County Boot Camp
- Americorp Volunteer
- Argosy University (Dissertation Committee)
- Coordinator for the 87th Street Church of Christ Food Pantry
- ERIC Family Services Board Member
- ERIC Family Services (Developmental Chair)
- ERIC Family Services (Fund Raising Chair)
- External Liaison for Recruitment at Cook County Boot Camp
- Family Intervention LANS 53 Grant (Consulted)
- GSU Representative for IAI Criminal Justice Panel
- Harold Washington Criminal Justice Advisory Board
- Moraine Valley Criminal Justice Advisory Committee
- Prairie State Criminal justice Advisory Committee
- Roseland Community Hospital Clothing Drive (Chair)
- Star Newspaper Interview (Criminal Justice Expert)
- United States Army (Honorable Discharge)
- American Society of Criminology, 1997-Present
- Adjunct General Corps (Army), Western Illinois University, Macomb, Illinois, 1988-1994
- Student Legal Services, Western Illinois University, Macomb, Illinois, 1988-1990
- Student Tenant Union, Western Illinois University, Macomb, Illinois, 1988-1990