- J.D., The John Marshall Law School, 1977
- LL.M., Taxation, DePaul University, 1983
- M.B.A., University of Chicago, 1988
- B.S., Accounting, Northern Illinois University, 1974
- McKenna, B. and McKenna, N., Workers who Study or Students who Work? Taxation of Exempts, 23.1 (July/August 2011) 19-28
- McKenna, B. and McKenna, N., Health Care Reform: the Constitutional Challenge to the Individual Mandate, Illinois Bar Journal, 99 IBJ 246 (May 2011) available June 27, 2011
- Basanta, W., Kane, R., Hindmand, R., Emmons, K., McKenna, B. and McKenna, N., Survey of Illinois Law: Healthcare Law, Southern Illinois University Law Journal, 34 S. Ill. U.L.L. 1033 (Summer 2010) available June 27, 2011
- McKenna, B. and McKenna, N., Provena Covenant Medical Center v. The Department of Revenue: Hospital Property Tax Exemptions and the Charitable Use Requirement, Health Care Law, V.26 No. 4 (June 2010) available June 27, 2011
- McKenna, B., Social Security Benefits: An Excel Spreadsheet Construct, Journal of Financial Planning (Dec. 2005) available June 27, 2011
- Provena v. Department of Revenue: Property tax Exemptions and Charitable Use Requirements”, Southern Illinois University Survey of Illinois Law Journal, (Aug. 2010)
- “Social Security Retirement Elections using an Excel Model”, Journal of Financial Planning (Dec. 2005).
- “Case Study: A Physician Union in the Future? This CEO Hopes Not!” Eastern Academy of Case Studies, Baltimore, Maryland (April, 2004)
- Adam, O. and McKenna, B., Railroad Retirement Taxes vs. Social Security Taxes: Railroad Affiliates and Intermodal Operations, Practicing Law Institute, p. 141-180 (1981).
SIGNIFICANT LEGISLATIVE and REGULATORY ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Lead Lobbyist for Santa Fe Industries, Inc., Section 743 of the Economic Recovery Act of 1981, H. R. 4260 (August 4, 1981) (See Letter of commendation from Mr. John S. Reed, Chairman and Chief Executive Office)
- Principal Author of Comments submitted by Santa Fe Industries, Inc., Hearing before the Subcommittee on Oversight, Committee on Ways and Means, House of Representatives, 96th Congress, First Session on Internal Revenue Service Determination that Certain Employers are Liable for Railroad Retirement Employment Taxes, p. 8-19 (November 27, 1979)
- Principal Author - Railroad Industry Response, to Proposed Treas. Reg. §31.6302-c(2) and §31.3221-c (Tax depositing regulations for supplemental annuity taxes) (1986
- Nominated for the Saint Francis Xavier Service Award (1998)
- Robert H. Moyneck Scholarship Award Recipient, DePaul University (1982) (Highest GPA)
- The Shield of John Marshall Award (1977) (Top 10% of your graduating class)
- Cum Laude, The John Marshall Law School, 1977
- Beta Alpha Psi Honorary Accounting Society (1973)
- McKenna, B., Tax Diversification: Does it Make "Cents", Proceedings - Midwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business (March 2009).
- McKenna, B., Financial Planning under Current Market Conditions, Saint Xavier University Annual Staff Development Conference (June 2008, June 2007).
- McKenna, B., Business Strategy and Valuation Analysis, Beverly Area Planning Association Annual Meeting (June 2004).
- Althaus, R.A., McKenna, B., Case Study: A Physician Union in the Future? This CEO Hopes Not!, Eastern Academy of Case Studies, Baltimore, Maryland (April, 2004) available June 27, 2011 McKenna, B., Ethics and Financial Markets, Saint Xavier University Ethics in America Conference (November 2002).
- McKenna, B., Limited Liability Companies: An Emerging Organizational Form for Business, Proceedings - Midwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business (March 1995).
- McKenna, B., An Analysis of the Proposed Uniform Limited Liability Company Act, Proceedings - Third Annual Business Research Conference, Indiana University Northwest (November, 1994).
- McKenna, B., Voucher Plan Meets Constitutional Test, Chicago Tribune (May 17, 1989).
- Elected as the Republican Nominee for the position of State Representative in the 28th Legislative District. (1989 - 1990)
- Treasurer, Beverly Hills Tennis Club (2003-2006)
- Lector, St. John Fisher Catholic Church. (1977 - 2007)
- Treasurer, Ridge Beverly Little League. (1995 – 1997)
- Officer, St. John Fisher School Board (1989-1995)
- Treasurer, 19th Ward Republican Organization (1988 – 1990)
- Officer and President, St. John Fisher Holy Name Society (1979 - 1985)