- Ph.D. in Economics. Georgetown University, Dissertation: "Essays on Outsourcing with Imperfect Contract Enforcement and International Trade." September 2005
- M.A. in Economics, Central European University - Budapest, Hungary, 1999
- M.A. in Economics, Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridsky" - Bulgaria, 1997
- Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille - France, on a TEMPUS grant. 1995
- “The Impact of Legal Systems on Trade Flows in Western and Eastern Europe – An Empirical Evaluation.“, The International Trade Journal, 2012, 26 (1), 37-60.
- "Imperfect Contract Enforcement and the (In)Efficiency of International Firm Location.", Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics, 2011, 167(3), 465-488.
- "Offshoring and Wage Inequality in Developing Countries" (with S. Khalifa), Journal of Economic Development, 2010, 35(3): 1-42.
- "Public Sector Reform: What Works and Why? An IEG Evaluation of World Bank Support." --- as part of a team at the IEG, the World Bank Group. (World Bank Publication, 2008).
- Dean’s Research Grant, MCBE, California State University, Fullerton, 2010
- Junior / Senior Faculty Research Grant, California State University, Fullerton, 2007
- Georgetown University Merit Scholarship for the Ph.D. Program in Economics
- George Soros Scholarship for a two-year M.A. at the Central European University
- TEMPUS Scholarship - Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, France
- Institute for Advanced Studies (IHS), Vienna, Austria; M.A. Thesis Research Grant
- Mengova, E. (2013). "Is There a Natural Resources Curse in Eastern Europe? - The Impact of Natural Resource Availability on Institutional Quality." Western Economic Association International, Seattle, Washington.
- Mengova, E. (2012). "FDI and Quality of Institutions in Developing Countries." Western Economic Association International, San Francisco, California.
- Mengova, E. (2012). "Quality of Institutions and Outsourcing." Midwest Economics Association Meetings, Chicago, Illinois.
- Mengova, E. (2011). "Quality of Institutions and Offshoring." Western Economic Association International, San Diego, California.
- "International Outsourcing and Wages with Imperfect Contract Enforcement." (Submitted)
- "Trading Tasks, and Patterns of Skill Premia", with S. Khalifa (Submitted)
- "Quality of Institutions and Offshoring" (Work in Progress)
- "Contract Enforcement, Outsourcing and Country Growth: Building Your Own Destiny." (Work in Progress)
- "Creating a Mediterranean Free Trade Area: Who May Gain, and Who May Lose?" (Work in Progress).
- Graduate Council; GSU, August 2012 - present
- Assessment of Learning Committee; CBPA, GSU, August 2012 – present
- Economics BA/BS Development Program; CBPA, GSU, August 2011 - present
- Faculty Research Committee; CBPA, GSU, August 2011 - present
- Online MBA Committee; CBPA, GSU, August 2011 – present
- Faculty and Student Development Committee; CBPA, GSU, August 2011 – present
- Global Awareness Development Committee; CBPA, GSU, August 2011 – present
- Panel Discussion, “The Balkan Region – Challenges and Opportunities”, GSU, November, 2011
Reviewer - Article / Manuscript
- 2011 – 2013: The International Trade Journal.
- 2011: The Journal of International Trade and Economic Development
- 2006: Journal of Population Economics
Reviewer - Book / Textbook
- 2012: W.W. Norton
- 2011: Worth Publishers
- 2006 – 2011: McGraw-Hill
- 2006 – 2010: Pearson Addison-Wesley
- American Economic Association
- European Economic Association
- Western Economic Association,
- Mid-West Economic Association
- Canadian Economics Association