Final Project Options
As part of this degree program, students must choose one of the following options:
PADM 855 Master’s Research Paper
PADM 865 Problems in Applied Public Management*
PADM 867 Master’s Research Practicum*
The Master’s Research Paper (PADM855) and the Practicum (PADM867) involve a demonstration of the student’s knowledge and skills through the development of a major project and written report approved by a committee of three faculty members. In the Capstone Course (PADM865), students demonstrate their cumulative knowledge and skills through the completion of case studies.
*Students must earn a B or higher grade in their master’s final project option, PADM865 or PADM867, in order to successfully complete the MPA program.
Before registering for either PADM855 or PADM867 students must:
- complete all required courses;
- select a committee and have the chairperson approved by the dean; and
- complete a written proposal approved by their committee and chairperson.
Before registering for PADM865 students must:
- complete all required courses; and
- obtain permission from the CBPA Academic Advising Office.
Further information, instructions, and forms are available through the CBPA Academic Advising Office, or click here for PADM 855 or PADM 867; PADM 865.