Special Admission Requirements - Online MBA Cohort
Limited Availability of Spots for the January 2013 cohort - Apply Today!
In addition to university admission requirements, applicants must submit the following documents as part of their application package to be considered for admission into the online cohort:
1. A GMAT or GRE score from tests administered within five years of the date of admission; GMAT/GRE Analytical writing scores will be reviewed in addition to verbal and quantitative scores.
2. Two confidential letters of recommendation from professional references (e.g. current or former college faculty member, current or former work supervisor, community leader);
3. A two-page, double-spaced statement of intent. The statement of intent offers applicants an additional opportunity to demonstrate writing and communication skills and supports candidacy for the MBA degree.
Please address the following questions:
- What are your personal short- and long-term career goals?
- What are your reasons for pursuing an online MBA degree at this time?
- How do you plan to commit to starting and completing a 17-month accelerated online MBA program? Please discuss your level of self-discipline, planning, and organizational skills and impact on family, work, or finances.
- Describe your feelings and experience in working with others in an online setting?
- Please give specific personal examples of leadership and provide other pertinent information to help the committee select candidates who can benefit from and contribute to the online program and are committed to start and finish the entire program with the other cohort students. ; and
4. A current resume.
5. Upon acceptance into the program a non-refundable deposit of $500 will be required to hold the student’s place in the cohort. This deposit will be applied to the first semester’s tuition of the cohort program.
In addition, please note the following:
- Normally, applicants will be expected to have a 3.0 cumulative G.P.A. (on a 4.0 scale) in their last 60 credit hours.
- The GMAT/GRE may be waived if students have a master's degree or an undergraduate business degree with a 3.5 /4.0 GPA from an AACSB or ACBSP accredited program.
- Students must have successfully completed foundations courses or equivalent prior to acceptance into program. If not, conditional admission is subject to successful completion of foundations courses with a B or better.
How to apply for the program:
Visit the web - applynow.govst.edu