Minor in Social Work
The Department of Social Work offers a Minor in Social Work at the undergraduate level. This minor is perfect for students who might be entering other fields but who would find a foundational understanding of Social Work helpful in the performance of their duties.
Students must meet all university requirements for a minor. Approval for entrance into the minor must be given by the program director.
To speak to an advisor about adding the Social Work Minor, please contact Shavron Henry at 708.534.4923, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. (E-mail is preferred.) Or visit the current GSU Catalog.
Requirements for the Minor in Social Work
I. Required Courses (12 Hours)
- SOCW 2100 Introduction to Social Work (3)
- SOCW 3100 Social Welfare Policy I (3)
- SOCW 3300 Diversity and Social Justice (3)
- SOCW 3101 Interprofessional Teamwork in Health and Human Services (3)
II. Elective Courses (6 Hours)
- SOCW 4100 Social Work and Law (3)
- SOCW 5000 Social Work Topics (3 one-credit courses) (3)
- SOCW 4101 Urban Dynamics (3)
- SOCW 4102 Social Work and Health Care (3)
- SOCW 3102 Children and Families: Problems, Issues, and Services (3)
- SOCW 4103 Management and Supervision (3)
III. Total - 18 Hours
Students are invited to view and/or print out a copy of the Social Work Minor Study Plan here: Minor_Social_Work_Study_Plan