- Pd.D., Western Michigan University
- M.A., Western Michigan University
- B.S., Western Michigan University
Books (since 2000)
- Schellenberg, J.A. and Blevins, G.A. (1973). "How Quickly Does the Smile of Same Fortune Fade?" Psychological Reports 33: 72-74.
- Blevins, G.A. and Murphy, T. (1974). "Feeling Good and Helping: Further Phonebooth Findings." Psychological Reports 34: 326.
- Shouse, D.W., Blevins, G.A. and Simpson, C.D. (1983). Handbook for Volunteers in Substance Abuse Agencies. Learning Publications, Inc., Holmes Beach, Florida.
- Lewis, J.A., Dana, R.Q. and Blevins, G.A. (1987). Substance Abuse Counseling: An Individualized Approach. Brooks/Cole Publishing (1993) "Exploring a Career in Substance Abuse Counseling" in B. J.
- Morgan and J. M. Palmisano (Eds.) Mental Health and Social Work Career Directory. Visible Ink Press: Detroit, Michigan.
- Lewis, J.A., Dana, R.Q. and Blevins, G.A. (1994). Substance Abuse Counseling: An Individualized Approach (2nd edition). Brooks/Cole (1994).
- "Pharmacology of Abused Drugs" in Lewis, J. (ed.) Handbook on Substance Abuse. Aspen Press.
- Taleff, M.J. and Blevins, G.A. (1997). "A Scenario for the Future: Implications of Academic Education on the Next Generation of Counselors." The Counselor.
- Lewis, J.A., Dana, R.Q. and Blevins, G.A. (2001). Substance Abuse Counseling (3rd Edition). Brooks/Cole Publishing Co.
International Consortium for Addiction Studies Education (INCASE), 1990–present
- Founding member
- Central States Vice President, 1990–1991
- Chair of Curriculum Committee, 1998–2002
- Life member