BA Elementary Education Teaching Laboratory II Application
Applications for Elementary Education program teaching labs are received according to the following schedule:
- Fall semester lab applications are taken from March 15 - May 15.
- Spring semester lab applications are taken from September 1 - November 1.
Note: In order to be eligible for placement in an Elementary Education Teaching Laboratory, you must have a 2.75 GPA in all program general education courses and a 3.00 GPA in all program professional education courses. In addition, you must have completed all prerequisites for laboratory placement. See list immediately below for teaching laboratory prerequisites.
ELED Teaching Laboratory II Prerequisites
- be in academic good standing;
- possess a GPA of 3.00 or higher on all professional education courses attempted at GSU;
- possess a GPA of 2.75 or higher on all general education courses attempted at GSU;
- present evidence of having passed the Basic Skills Test of the Illinois Certification Testing System;
- complete a criminal background check by Certified Background.com (see Sara Acton, Director of Field Experiences, if you have any questions regarding background checks);
- complete Teaching Laboratory I (ELED 301, 302, 303);
- completed 12 hours of natural sciences as required on student study plan;
- complete general education mathematics courses as required on student study plan (not including mathematics concentration);
- complete U.S. government, U.S. history, and geography as required on student study plan; and
- receive a positive recommendation from the Elementary Education faculty to continue in the program.
Note: You will receive feedback prior to registration via your GSU email account.
If you have not registered with LiveText or have any other questions, send an e-mail message to Dr. Dan Hechenberger (email@example.com
), Coordinator of the Elementary Education program.