Student Teaching Resources
Application Deadlines for Student Teaching
All candidates apply by December 1 of the previous year.
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education candidates apply to Sara Acton by March 1 of the previous year.
- Secondary Education candidates apply to their advisor by January 31 of the previous year.
Applications are to be submitted as follows:
- Early Childhood Education candidates' applications to Sara Acton, Director of Field Experiences, in G221.
- Elementary Education candidates' applications to Sara Acton, Director of Field Experiences, in G221.
- Secondary Education candidates' applications to each candidate's advisor.
Secondary Education Student Resources
- Secondary Education Student Resources can be found here.
Mandatory application meetings for Fall 2013 student teachers will be held on the following: days and times:
- Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 9am in room D2446
- Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 3pm in room D2446
- Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 9am in room D2446
- Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 3pm in room D2446
The meetings will last about 45 minutes. You MUST attend one of these meetings before an application for placement in student teaching for Fall 2013 semester.
Orientation, Background Checks, etc.
New! Info about CertifiedBackground.com
CertifiedBackground.com is the new approved vendor for background checks for all GSU initial teacher cert program candidates preparing for field placements. GSU's package code is GO03.
Student Teaching Applications
The student teaching applications—in Microsoft Word .doc file format—are fillable and saveable on your PC.
Spring 2013 ELED/EDEC Student Teaching Orientation and Seminars
Seminar: Hall of Honors
|Seminar 5 & Dinner
Materials for Cooperating Teachers
- Download .doc file, fill in all fields, and save to your computer.
- Send completed and saved file as an email attachment to email@example.com.
Need more info? Contact Pablo Gonzalez in the Field Experiences Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708.235.7566.