| Click icon to upload photograph.
| Name (Last, First)
|| Gandy, Sandra
|| Assistant Professor
Division (Use Ctrl key to
select more than one.)
|Program (Use Ctrl key to
select more than one.)
- Ph. D., Curriculum and Instruction, with a concentration in Reading, Writing, and Literacy, University of Illinois at
- ESL approval, National-Louis
- M.A., Reading, Lewis University
- M.ELED, University of Hawaii
- BA, English Education, Evangel College
- Illinois Standard Elementary Certificate
- Illinois Reading Specialist K–12
- ESL endorsement
- An Interview with Claude Goldenberg. Illinois Reading Council Journal, 28(2), 2000.
- Arlene Erlbach: Writer, Teacher, Friend. Illinois Reading Council Journal, 29(3), 2001. Ruby Sanny, co-author.
- Como? Supporting a Bilingual Student in Your Classroom. [Brochure]. Illinois Reading Council, 1997.
- Currents in Reading Instruction. Illinois Reading Council Journal, 29(1), 2001.
- Excuse Me—Why Are You Here? Illinois Reading Council Journal, 28(1), 2000. Frances Jordan, co-author.
- From hornbook to e-book. Illinois Reading Council Journal, 29(1), 2001.
- Good Books for Good Book Clubs. Illinois Reading Council Journal, 29(4), 2001. Karen Reid, co-author.
- Humorous Books for the Classroom. Sarah Bassuk and Wendy Coulson, co-authors. Illinois Reading Council Journal, 32(1), 38–49.
- Increasing Vocabulary through Synonyms. Illinois Reading Council Journal, 31(3), 2003.
- Keeping Up. Illinois Reading Council Journal, 28(3), 2000. Frances Jordan, co-author.
- Mingshui Cai Talks about Reader Response. Illinois Reading Council Journal, 30(4), 2002.
- Picture Books across the Curriculum (co-author) Illinois Reading Council Journal, 31(2), 2003.
- Picture Books across the Curriculum (co-author) Illinois Reading Council Journal, 31(3), 2003.
- Teacher Candidates’ Responses to a Middle School Thematic Unit on Cultural Conflict. AIMS Journal, 17(1), 2003.
- Division Curriculum Committee, Fall of 2006 to present
- Readmissions and Special Admissions Committee, January, 2007 to present
- Academic Program Review Committee, April, 2007 to present
- NCATE Standard 2 Committee, Fall 2007 to present
- Title V Faculty Development, Fall 2007 to present
- Provost Search Committee, July, 2007 to November, 2007
- Current Provost Search Committee
- Reading Search Committee, Fall, 2006 to Spring, 2008
- Faculty Senate, Fall 2008 to present
- Current reviewer, Illinois Reading Council Journal
- Member of IRA, IRC, Illinois TESOL and Children’s Literature, special interest group of IRA
- Reviewer, Kaleidoscope: A Multicultural Booklist For Grades K-8, Third Edition. NCTE, 2001
- Member, Editorial staff, Illinois Reading Council Journal, 1999–2004
- Member, Graduate Student Advisory Council, Lewis University, 1994-1998
- Member, Phi Delta Kappa 1994-1998
- Member, Will County Reading Council, 1994–present; board member, 1995–96, 2001–2004
- Member, Illinois Reading Council, 1994–present
- Member, International Reading Association, 1996–present
- Presenter, UIC Colloquium, February, 1999
- Presenter, Illinois Reading Council State Convention, March, 1998, 1999, 2001–2009
- Presenter, Will County Teachers’ Institute, 1995
- U.S. Department of Education Research Fellowship, 1999–2001, University of Illinois at Chicago