Governors State University, University Park IL, 9/98 – Present
Manager of Graphic Services
- Supervise the day-to-day design and production of graphics and multi-media design.
- Plan, coordinate, assign, and review the work of staff members.
- Determine with the client the most efficient and economical means of producing designs to convey the client’s message.
- Responsible for maintenance of departmental inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Monitor expenditures in the graphics area, assist director in developing fiscal year budgets.
- Make recommendations for staff development and training.
- Serve as a consultant to faculty and staff on problems of a design nature.
- Coordinate and/or perform, as necessary, photographic assignments for complex publications, and multi-media projects.
- Participate in the preparation of original graphics that require a high degree of skill for use in various promotional materials and multi-media projects.
- Participate in the preparation of layouts for promotional publications, exhibits, training aids, and classroom support materials as well as website graphics.
- Coordinate with IT department on most efficient ways to manage projects electronically.
- Responsible for continued research of emerging software and technologies to apply, inform and enhance staff capabilities and knowledge.
CNA Insurance Companies
Senior Graphic Designer, 1977 – 1998