Job Training Application Information
Thank you for your interest in the Health Care Jobs for Chicago Southland. This is an employment and training project where you can be trained and potentially placed in healthcare jobs if accepted into the program. We hope to create career pathways that help ensure an able and agile workforce for the healthcare industry focusing on the occupations of nursing, allied health, long-term care and health information technology. To learn more about the program, consult the Program Fact Sheet
To apply for this program, you must be:
- an adult 18 years of age or older; and
- a U.S. citizen or eligible to work; and
- a high school graduate or G.E.D. certified; and
- unemployed, dislocated or low-waged incumbent worker; and
- a resident of the Chicago South Metropolitan Area.
If you meet the requirements listed above, click on “Continue” below.
If you have questions about eligibility, please call (1-708-534-6982) during normal business hours Monday thru Friday or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) our office for explanation or assistance.
The application process consists of verification of information, assessment(s) and an interview. After we receive your application, a project staff member or program partner will contact you. We may ask you to schedule an interview to complete the review process.
Please consult the list of verification documents below, and make sure that you bring all the items that apply to your application to the interview.
- Driver’s License or State I.D.
- Social Security Card
- A copy of your High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate
- A copy of all transcripts from any post secondary schools you have attended
- A copy of your most recent tax return, unemployment income statement or proof of your eligibility for supportive services such as TANF, Food Stamps or SSI.
- If employed, your pay stub or a letter from your employer verifying your hourly wage and the number of hours you work.