Thank you for working with Governors State University. If you have any questions regarding payments, please contact us via phone or e-mail. We will do our best to respond to you within one business day.
Contact Information and Hours of Operation
Governors State University
Attention: Accounts Payable Department
1 University Parkway
University Park, IL 60484
Hours of Operation
- Monday–Friday, 8:30a.m.–5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, Closed
June 10–August 5: CLOSED FRIDAYS (Except July 8th)
Information Regarding Payment Terms and State Tax Exemptions
Payment Terms—State Prompt Payment Act (30 ILCS 540)
In accordance with with the state Prompt Payment Act:
- The university shall deny or approve a bill for payment within 30 days after physical receipt of bill.
- A payment is late if the date of payment is not within 60 days after the date of approval of the contractor's bill.
- Interest is calculated at the rate of 1% per month, or a daily interest factor of .00033.
- The university will not pay interest amounting to $5 or less.
- Governors State University is exempt form payment of state and Local Retailer's Occupation Tax, state and local Service Occupation Tax, state Use Tax, and state Service Use Tax, as required by Illinois law.
- The university's tax exemption identification number issued by the Illinois Department of Revenue is E9990-9847-04.
- Certificates of exemption will be provided upon written request.
Governors State University Procurement Office
If you have any questions relating to Contracts, Higher Education Procurement Rules, or the Illinois Procurement Code, please contact the Governors State University Procurement Department.