Platform guests and/or delegates should reserve their round-trip flights as early as possible, directly with the airlines or their respective travel agencies.
Chicago is served by the following airports.
- O'Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Total Est. Time to University: 1 hour, 8 minutes
- Distance: 52.41 miles
- Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)
- Total Est. Time to University: 50 minutes
- Distance: 30.44 miles
- Gary Chicago International Airport (GYY)
- Total Est. Time to University: 41 minutes
- Distance: 28.99 miles
GSU has reserved a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn in Matteson, Illinois. The full-service hotel is located approximately 10 minutes from the university. To reserve a room, please call 708.747.3500 and mention "Governors State University Presidential Installation." The room rate of $89 per night is valid until October 19.
(GSU does not necessarily endorse the listed establishment.)
Transportation Between Hotel and GSU
GSU will provide transportation between the hotel and Installation events.
Directions to campus
Airport Arrival and Ground Transportation
Governors State University (GSU) will arrange for platform guests and/or delegates to be picked up and dropped off via designated transportation service from/to the airport indicated on the Travel Information Form below. It is essential, that guests include their complete flight information on this form, which should be submitted no later than October 20.
Based on scheduled arrivals, GSU will inform you no later than Wednesday, October 24 of the following:
- Location at the airport where the designated transportation will pick you up
- Time of departure
- A telephone number of the transportation service
- A telephone number of the GSU transportation representative
- Information on location, date and time that transportation will leave GSU (or hotel) for the airport for departures
Travel Information Form