Library & Internet Resources for CHEM485
Your subject librarian is:
Nancy Shlaes, Professor of Library Science
Visit the library web site for general information about the library.
Your Library ID Number and Registration P.I.N are essential to accessing databases & full text from home and renewing library books online. Your Library ID Number contains 14 digits starting with 21611000 + your 6-digit GSU Student ID Number.
GSU Library Catalog (ILLINET Online)
Click on the GSU Library Catalog link (located in grey bar at top of screen). Here you will find where books, videos, and reserves are located in our library and other cooperating libraries. In addition, titles of journals owned by GSU can be identified with a title search. Use your Library ID Number to request books from other libraries and to access the My Account feature to renew books online.
Finding Citations for Journal Articles and Documents
Citations and abstracts are found in online databases. Citations provide bibliographic data that identifies the source of the information, i.e.. author, article title, journal title, page numbers, volume number and publication date. Abstracts are brief descriptions of the content of an article. Once you have a citation, you must locate the article or document which may be in print, online, or microform format.
Finding Full-Text Journal Articles and Full-Text Documents
The library subscribes to several multidisciplinary databases containing full-text. Access the databases below at Journal/Databases A-Z. To determine which database might contain a journal in full-text go to the Full-text Journals List.
- ACS Legacy Archives - Provides full-text searching and instant access to all titles, volumes, issues, and articles published by the American Chemical Society from 1879 to current. Contains Environ. Sci. Technol. A-Pages.
- AGRICOLA PlusText (ProQuest) - Includes animal sciences, entomology, plant sciences, forestry, aquaculture and fisheries, food and human nutrition, and earth and environmental sciences.
- Academic Search Complete - Full text to several journals, including Bioscience, Environmental Geosciences, European Journal of Soil Science, Molecular Biology, Journal of Chemical Physics, Journal of Environmental Sciences, International Journal of Environmental Studies, International Reviews in Physical Chemistry, Science, and more.
- JSTOR - Full text journal articles in the sciences and humanities.
- ProQuest - Full text to several journals, including Canadian Journal of Chemistry, Environment, and Ground Water, and more.
- ScienceDirect-College Edition - Produced by Elsevier, the world's largest scientific, technical and medical information provider
Suggested Web Sites
When books and journal articles are unavailable through Illinet Online or not included in GSU's print or full-text online journals collections, place an Interlibrary Loan Request for the materials at the Reference Desk in the library or online.
For further assistance with your research for CHEM485, contact me at 534-4137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.