Registration takes place online through the MyGSU portal.
After logging in, click "Register for Sections" found under "Online Services."
Contact the GSU Help Desk at 708.534.4357 if you do not remember your username and/or password.
Click here for a registration tutorial (pdf).
Intersession and Spring 14 Registration
You may register for Intersession classes online through December 9, 2013.
You may register for Spring 2014 classes through January 25, 2014.
If you are a new undergraduate student, you will need to complete directed self-placement before you can register the next day.
The directed self-placement is located in the MyGSU Student Portal.
The following students (who have no outstanding financial, academic or administrative holds) are eligible to register:
- Newly Admitted
- Active Continuing Students
- Students are responsible for paying tuition and fees by the payment deadline. Students who do not complete the registration process by the payment deadline will be dropped from all classes.
View payment deadlines.
- Students are responsible for dropping courses registered in error.
- Students are responsible for adding/withdrawing from courses within the established timelines.
- Students may not register for courses without meeting the course requirements (e.g. prerequisites). The registration systems do not check for prerequisites.
- Degree-seeking students should select courses based upon their approved Study Plan.
- Students should contact their advisor for assistance in securing student petition to enroll in permission courses, carry an overload (more than 18 hours in a fifteen-week session) or, for undergraduates, to enroll in 600 or 700 level courses in the last term of their undergraduate programs.
- Continuing students who have not registered for more than three consecutive terms must contact their advisors to have their status reactivated prior to registration. Students who have not attended in more than five years (15 consecutive terms) must reapply for admission.