Our volunteer ushers are valued members of the Center for Performing Arts. They assist with Mainstage productions, Arts in Education and Rental events.
CPA Ushers Are Expected to:
- Arrive at least one hour prior to the performance to allow time to sign-in, receive assignments, and pertinent information about the day's performance. Some performances require an earlier arrival time.
- Dress in a professional manner. Black & White formal attire, ideally.
- Have a flashlight and a name badge.
- Stuff programs with inserts.
- Usher, take and scan tickets, greet and direct patrons.
- Watch for patrons entering the house with prohibited drink, food or electronics.
- Watch the house for disruptive behavior or emergencies and notify house management.
- Remain at their assigned location. Close their assigned door(s) when house lights go down, open their assigned door(s) when house lights go up.
- Pick up programs, tickets, and inserts from floor after the performance.
- Check for lost items and give them to house management.
- Assist disabled patrons with accessible seating.
- Volunteer for a minimum of one Arts in Education show per season and one four-hour shift of a Dance Competition per season.
Questions? Contact Patron Services Manager Jane Cox at
708.235.2811 or at email@example.com.
For all performance events, we need a minimum of five
ushers. The Usher Call Time is between 60-90 minutes prior to curtain.
Dance competitions have different and more specific ushering needs, and
if you are willing to work for any of those income producing rental
events please contact Jane at 708.235.2811 in advance to
confirm your participation and hours.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities for 2017-18
|On Pointe Dance Recital - CANCELLED||Sun, July 1 at 3 p.m. ||Usher call 2 p.m.|
|RENTAL DANCE COMPETITION WEEKEND: Nexstar||May 3-5||Ushers required in four hour shifts|
|AIE FIELD TRIP: Stuart Little||Mon., May 6 at 9:45 a.m. and 12 noon||Usher call time: 8:45 a.m.|
|RENTAL CONCERT||Sat., May 11 at 7 p.m.||Usher call time: 6 p.m.|
|RENTAL Dance Recital: Creative Dance||Sun., May 19 at 1 p.m.||Usher call time: 12 p.m.|
|RENTAL DANCE COMPETITION WEEKEND: Starquest||May 24-26||Ushers required in four hour shifts|
|RENTAL DANCE RECITAL: Dance Images||Sat., June 1 at 12 p.m. and 5 p.m.||Usher call time: 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.|
|RENTAL DANCE RECITAL: Studio One||Sat., June 8 at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.||Usher call time: 12 p.m. and 5 p.m.|
|RENTAL DANCE RECITAL: Studio One||Sun., June 9 Exact Time TBD||Usher call time: TBD|
|EMERALD CITY SUMMER CAMP Show||Fri., June 21 at 7 p.m.||Usher call time: 6 p.m.|
|RENTAL Dance Recital||Sun., June 23 Exact Time TBD||Usher call time: TBD|