Online courses can be quite different from courses taken in a traditional on-ground classroom. Sometimes students are surprised to learn that they were really unprepared for the online environment. Unsure about your online course readiness?
1. I prefer to learn at my own pace and my own convenience
2. I have reasonably strong reading skills—I can read and understand college-level textbooks.
3. I have reasonably good writing skills—I can effectively communicate my ideas in writing.
4. I can follow written instructions accurately and completely.
5. I am self-motivated and can manage my time well.
6. I can type at least 30wpm accurately on a computer keyboard.
7. I have access to a computer with a high-speed Internet connection.
8. I am familiar with the basic functions of computers—including opening, saving, copying, and deleting files.