Information for FDC Parents
Calendar and Important Dates
- April 15, 2016 FDC Closed for Staff In-Service
- May 20, 2016 FDC Closed for Staff In-service
- May 30, 2016 Memorial Day Holiday
- May 31, 2016 Last day of Half Day Preschool (Graduation)
- June 24, 2016 FDC Closed for Staff In Service
- July 4, 2016 FDC closed for Independence Day Holiday
- August 8- 15, 2016 FDC Closed for PreService Week
- August 16, 2016 All Programs Open- First day of Fall Semester
- Sept. 5, 2016 FDC Closed - Labor Day Holiday
- Oct. 21, 2016 FDC Closed - In Service Day
- Nov. 23, 2016 FDC Closed- In Service Day
- Nov 24-25 FDC Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday
- Dec. 22-23, 2016 FDC Closed - Preservice/Holiday (tentative)
- Dec 26 - Jan 2, 2017 FDC Closed - Winter Break (dates are tentative)
The Family Development Center serves Breakfast, Lunch and an afternoon Snack to all children. The menus are written by a registered dietician, and cooked in a licensed kitchen inspected by the Will County Department of Health. All meals meet or exceed the requirements of the USDA and Illinois State Board of Education under the Child Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). Our Cook and the Executive Director are both certified Food Service Managers.
For the Fall and Winter FDC Menu, click here. For the Spring and Summer Menu click here.
Birth to Three and Preschool Screening Dates
Call 708.235.7300 for an appointment and more information.
What takes place at a screening?
- Your child will be screened by a teacher using a developmental instrument, while you talk with an interviewer about your child's development. Your child will feel as if he or she is playing a game with the teacher.
Do I need to bring anything?
- You don't have to bring anything, but it will be helpful to have your child's birth certificate, proof of income if you want to be considered on income, and other information such as proof of WIC or a medical card.
Will I be able to enroll my child immediately?
- You may complete registration paperwork if you wish, we will need your child's up to date immunizations and physical exam to enroll.
Parent Night Out
A place to meet other parents while learning something new that might help your family.