To make sure the GSU campus is safe and easy to navigate, we have parking and traffic regulations. They provide clear and consistent procedures and enforcement guidelines to keep you safe, whether you're walking or driving. These regulations are in effect and enforced throughout the year.
The Police Department reserves the right to amend the regulations as deemed necessary by the Chief of Police.
During special events, certain areas may be designated as reserved parking zones. Reserved parking is approved by the Chief of Police on a case-by-case basis. Violators will be ticketed.
During special events, certain areas may be designated as reserved parking
zones. Reserved parking is approved by the Chief of Police on a case-by-case
basis. Be aware: Violators will be ticketed.
Overnight parking is available for students, staff, and faculty. Advise the
Police Department if your vehicle will be parked overnight. You will need to provide the vehicle
description, license plate, time of arrival, time of departure, and contact name
with a telephone number. For all overnight parking use West 1 parking Lot.
Visitors and Guest Parking
All GSU parking lots are available to visitors and guests, however they must abide
by all university parking and traffic regulations.
GSU is compliant with all Americans with Disabilities Act regulations. Parking spaces are reserved in all parking lots for disabled students, faculty, staff and visitors. Use is restricted to vehicles which:
- Display the current official disabled State license plate.
- Display the current official State disabled parking window placard.
- Display the current university’s temporary disabled pass issued by GSU
If you need a temporary disabled pass for GSU parking only, contact the
Police Department and have documentation from a physician stating the reasons
for the request. The pass is good for up to 30 days after issuance. The request
for temporary handicap parking can be renewed as needed with additional
documentation from doctor.
Violation of Disabled Parking Regulations results in a state mandated $250
fine per occurrence.
- Unauthorized use of parking places reserved for persons with
disabilities: ILCS 11-1301.3
- Unlawful use of disability plate or placard: ILCS 11-1301.3 (a-1)
Hybrid / Fuel-Efficient Vehicle Preferred Parking Program
At GSU we support the use of fuel efficient vehicles with specially designated
- To see if your vehicle qualifies as a fuel efficient
vehicle please visit http://www.greenercars.org/Leed2013.xls. Be sure to check this site frequently, as the list changes.
- In order to park in these spaces your vehicle must be on the list.
- Please note that parking in the fuel efficient spaces is based on a first
come first serve basis and there is no guarantee of a preferred space.
- Any vehicle parked in the Hybrid/Fuel Efficient parking space that is not on
the list will be issued a parking citation.
Location of Fuel-Efficient Vehicle Parking
- West Lot 1 has 6 spaces
- East Lot 1 has 6 spaces
- F wing entrance has 3 spaces
If you have any questions, please contact Public Safety at 708.534.4900