All Governors State University students are required by Illinois Law (Public Act) 85-1315 to provide proof of immunity for tetanus/diphtheria, measles, mumps and rubella.
Where can I locate my immunization information?
- Previous high school or four-year college/university
- Military records
- Family physician or childhood records
- If none of the above options have your records, request an immunity profile (blood test) that confirms your immunity to measles, mumps and rubella. The lab report(s) must be attached. Also, ensure you have a Tetanus/Diphtheria (Td) or Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Tdap) booster within the last 10 years. If you are unable to obtain proof of immunization, you will need to be revaccinated.
International students, born outside of the United States, must provide proof of three DTs and two MMRs by submitting documents from their home country. International students must have had a Tuberculosis (TB) skin test in the U.S. within the last 12 months. If records are not in English, they must be accompanied by a certified translation.
Immunization Record Compliance Deadlines:
Friday, September 4, 2015
- Students admitted Summer 2015
- Students admitted Fall 2015
Friday, January 29, 2016
- Students admitted Spring 2016
Transfer, graduate, doctoral and freshman students must submit documentation in order to be in compliance. Students who do not submit immunization records by the above deadlines will have a registration hold placed on their records that will prevent registration for classes in the second semester; prolonged noncompliance will result in a $25 charge assessed to a student's account.
If you are exempt due to date of birth, exclusively attend classes at an off-site location, or are exclusively enrolled in an online degree program, then download the Immunization Exemption Form and submit.
Immunization Records can be submitted to the Academic Resource Center by:
Email: email@example.com (scanned and attached as pdf)
Drop off: Academic Resource Center, Room B1215 (across from the cafeteria)
Postal mail: 1 University Parkway, University Park, Illinois 60484-0975
For more information and to access the Immunization Form, please click here.
Notice about the Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination
Governors State University, consistent with the American College Health Association (ACHA) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices, recommends that students consider the meningococcal meningitis vaccination to reduce their risk for potentially fatal meningococcal disease. For additional information, please refer to the index of the ACHA and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This statement is intended to promote public health awareness and practices, and is in compliance with the Illinois Meningitis Information Law (110 ILCS 690/35-120).