Message from the Dean—Dr. Deborah Bordelon
Welcome to Governors State University's College of Education!
Thanks for your interest in the College of Education. We're happy to have you with us. We hope that you'll find the web resources we've gathered here to be helpful and informative. Just use the links below.
(Click on the image to play video)
Dr. Deborah Bordelon
Bachelor's Degree Programs
Master's Degree Programs
The College of Education prepares its students to be reflective lifelong learners; advocates for diversity and social justice; and engaged, effective, and transformative educators and mental health professionals.
The College of Education will be a recognized regional leader in the preparation and ongoing development of educators and of mental health professionals. The College will be especially acclaimed for its leadership in the following areas:
- Performance-based assessment practices.
- Field-based and clinical practice.
- Evidence-based process improvement.
- Achievements in teaching, scholarship, research, and service.
Our Core Values
- Education sustains democracy.
- Education provides powers of concentration and worthy objectives upon which to concentrate.
- Education is a life-long journey worthy of effort.
- It is our professional responsibility to create and maintain a learning environment that builds up the human spirit, both socially and intellectually.
- We remake the world when we share our intellectual ideals, model high ethical standards, embrace human diversity, and engage in civic and professional service.
September 11, 2009