Strategy 2015: Institutional Goals
Visibility, Outreach, and Economic Catalyst: Pursue initiatives that make GSU a preferred destination in the region, that create a vibrant public dialogue, and that increase the university's effectiveness as an economic catalyst in the region.
- Build regional community awareness of campus activities through effective outreach and communications programs.
- Increase community service projects that build connections to the university.
- Share expertise of the university with members of our regional community.
- Increase our external presence through media coverage and proactive engagement with journalists.
- Expand and promote university outreach.
- Establish the University as a recognized regional destination for conferences.
- Increase programming and promotion to include the wider community and to create a place for vibrant public dialogue.
- Increase use of campus assets such as the Center for Performing Arts, the Family Development Center, and the Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park.
- Create and expand collaborative relationships among all college's constituent groups.
- Offer non-credit programming.
- Use technology as a tool in GSU's efforts to create a virtual public square that serves our regional community.
- Ensure a safe and secure campus setting.
- Enrich the student experience at GSU.
- Be a model for high quality student services for adult learners.
- Develop a new student center that includes:
o Library facilities
o Computing facilities
o Small group spaces
o Recreational facilities
o Bookstore and other retail options.
- Develop residential life opportunities.
- Expand the role of GSU in the regional network supporting economic development.
- Expand the role of CenterPoint services.
- Bring together education, business and government to develop network of support services.
- Continue to support the growth and retention of business in the region.
- Develop business relationships that support students and academic programs and involve students in solving real world problems.