Re-Admission and Special Admission
If you do not meet GSU admission requirements or have been suspended or dismissed from GSU, there are some circumstances under which you may petition for special admission or to be re-admitted. The following is a list of the only reasons you may be considered for special admission or re-admission.
You must apply for Special Admission:
- If you are applying as an undergraduate, but have less than a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale for at least 45 semester hours.
- If you are not in good standing at the last institution you attended.
- If your application is based on credits or degree(s) from an institution that does not have regional accreditation.
- If you have been denied admission and would like to have your application reconsidered due to extenuating circumstances.
You may apply for Re-Admission:
- If you have been suspended or dismissed. In this case you may petition for re-admission for a semester no earlier than one year from the date you were suspended or dismissed.
- If you are on probation and have lost continuing student status, you must petition for admission.
If you have been suspended from GSU for academic reasons on two occasions, you will not be considered for re-admission to the university at any later date.
If your situation meets any of the criteria for Special Admission or Re-Admission
complete the petition form, print it out and submit it to the Office of Admissions.
By fax: 708.534.1640
Governors State University - ATTN: Office of Admissions
1 University Parkway
University Park, IL 60484
Note: ALL forms are fill-in forms that allow you to type your information directly onto the form. No hand written petition letters will be accepted.