In order to change your information in our database, you will need to complete a form.

Please return all forms to the Office of the Registrar for processing.


  • Student Information Changes


    1. Change of Student Information (pdf)
      Use this form to update your information in our database (i.e. name changes).
    2.  Request to Prevent Disclosure of Directory Information (pdf)
       Use this form if you wish to prevent Governors State University from sharing directory information.

  • Residency Changes


    As approved by the GSU Board of Trustees, to qualify for in-state tuition you need to live in Illinois for at least six months.

    To change your residency status:

    1. Complete the Change of Residency form available in the MyGSU portal and have the form notarized.
    2. Provide appropriate documentation to support your residency.
    3. Return the form and documentation to the Office of the Registrar.


  • Additional Forms


    For current students, additional forms are available in the myGSU portal.