Our Mission, Vision, and Values
The GSU College of Education/Professional Education Unit prepares its students to be reflective lifelong learners; advocates for diversity and social justice; and engaged, effective, and transformative educators and mental health professionals.
The GSU College of Education/Professional Education Unit will be a recognized regional leader in the preparation and ongoing development of educators and of mental health professionals. The College will be especially acclaimed for its leadership in the following areas:
- Performance-based assessment practices.
- Field-based and clinical practice.
- Evidence-based process improvement.
- Achievements in teaching, scholarship, research, and service.
Our Core Values
- Education sustains democracy.
- Education provides powers of concentration and worthy objectives upon which to concentrate.
- Education is a life-long journey worthy of effort.
- It is our professional responsibility to create and maintain a learning environment that builds up the human spirit, both socially and intellectually.
- We remake the world when we share our intellectual ideals, model high ethical standards, embrace human diversity, and engage in civic and professional service.
September 11, 2009