Dual Degree Program
The Dual Degree Program (DDP) is a unique partnership between Governors State University and Chicago area community colleges. The DDP provides full-time community college students with an excellent pathway to earn both an associate and bachelor's degree, at a fraction of the cost.
Why Should I Join?
- Guaranteed admission to GSU*
- Locked in tuition rate effective the semester students join the DDP
- Opportunity to compete for the GSU Promise Scholarship and the GSU DDP Honors Scholarship
- Personalized advising relationship with a GSU Transfer Specialist to help you with educational plans to complete your associate and bachelor’s degree in the shortest possible timeframe
- Waived application fee for the majority of GSU programs
*Some academic programs are restricted based upon competitive standards. Inquire with a GSU transfer specialist for information.
How Does It Work?
To qualify for the DDP, you must be a full-time student, who has completed 12 to 45 credit hours, and be in good academic standing at one of our partner Community Colleges. (Some exceptions apply for students in selective programs. A transfer specialist can assist students who have questions.)
To apply click on your community college logo on the right.
Once Accepted, What do I have to do?
The requirements are quite simple, but very important:
- You must continue to enroll at the community college full-time. DDP students have five semesters (plus summers) to complete their associate degree.
- You must communicate with a DDP Transfer Specialist at least once per semester to be sure you stay on track
- You must attend a DDP Orientation on campus at GSU
- You must complete your associate degree!
Joint Degree Partnership
The Joint Degree Partnership (JDP) is a partnership between Governors State University and Ivy Tech Community College. Ivy Tech Community College is Indiana's largest public postsecondary institution serving nearly 200,000 students annually. JDP students complete their associate degree at Ivy Tech Community College and then transfer seamlessly to GSU to complete their bachelor's degree—earning both degrees in only four years.
JDP students benefit from:
- Guaranteed admission to GSU
- Illinois in-state tuition
- Counseling and advising from GSU and Ivy Tech to ensure proper course selection and transferability
|Choose your college below to learn more about the Dual Degree Program at your community college.
Our Joint Degree Partner: