Parking and Traffic
Parking and traffic regulations provide clear and consistent procedures and enforcement guidelines to maintain pedestrian safety and orderly vehicular movement and parking on campus. All regulations are in effect and enforced throughout the year.
The Police Department reserves the right to amend the regulations as deemed necessary by the Chief of Police.
During special events, certain areas may be designated as reserved parking zones. Reserved parking is approved by the Chief of Police on a case-by-case basis. Violators will be ticketed.
Overnight parking is available for students, staff, and faculty. Advise the Police Department if your vehicle will be parked overnight. The vehicle description, license plate, time of arrival, time of departure, and contact name with a phone number is required. All overnight parking should use B-Lot.
Visitors and Guest Parking
Visitors and guests have access to all parking lots on campus and must abide by all university parking and traffic regulations.
GSU is compliant with all ADA regulations. Parking spaces are reserved in all parking lots for disabled patrons. Use is restricted to vehicles which:
- Display the current official disabled State license plate.
- Display the current official State disabled parking window placard.
- Display the current university’s temporary disabled pass issued by GSU Police Department.
If you need a temporary disabled pass for GSU parking only, contact the Police Department and have documentation from a physician stating the reasons for the request. The pass is good for up to 30 days after issuance. The request for temporary handicap parking can be renewed as needed with additional documentation from doctor.
Violation of Disabled Parking Regulations results in a state mandated $250 fine per occurrence.
- Unauthorized use of parking places reserved for persons with disabilities: ILCS 11-1301.3
- Unlawful use of disability plate or placard: ILCS 11-1301.3 (a-1)
Hybrid / Fuel-Efficient Vehicle Preferred Parking Program
The program allows fuel efficient vehicles to park in special designated spaces. The program continues to develop and we are happy to have this program available for our students.
- To see if your vehicle qualifies as a fuel efficient vehicle please visit http://www.greenercars.org/Leed2013.xls
- In order to park in these spaces your vehicle must be on the list.
- Please note that parking in the fuel efficient spaces is based on a first come first serve basis and there is no guarantee of a preferred space.
- Any vehicle parked in the Hybrid/Fuel Efficient parking space that is not on the list will be issued a parking citation.
Location of Fuel-Efficient Vehicle Parking
- West Lot 1 has 6 spaces
- East Lot 1 6 spaces
If you have any questions, please contact Public Safety at 708.534.4900