Off-Campus Upcoming Career Fairs and Special Events
Student Veteran Benefits & Networking Event at UIC
Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 11 am to 4 pm
UIC Student Center East Tower (6th Floor, Room 603)
750 S. Halsted
Chicago, IL 60607
- Attend a workshop on filing compensation and pension claims
- Initiate claims with Veteran Service Organizations
- Enroll in VA healthcare (Qualifies under the Affordable Care Act)
- Get a health screening with Jesse Brown VA providers
- Network with student veterans and student veteran organizations
CRCP: Open House
Thursday, April 24, 2014 6 pm – 7 pm
7900 Willow Springs Road
Hodgkins, IL 60525
College Benefits: Tuition up to $5,000 semester. $300 or $500 monthly bonus.
$100 monthly transportation allowance. Attend one of our 7 partner colleges.
The Job: Work 10 pm – 3 am or 4 am – 9 am as a part-time package handler at UPS
in Hodgkins. Earn $8.50/hr to start - $9.50/hr after 90 days. RSVP TODAY! Crcprogram.com
Mission: Veterans 2 Entrepreneurs
29, 2014 - 8:30 am to 1:30 pm
Southwestern Illinois College – Belleville Campus
Liberal Arts Complex, Conference Room 2313
2500 Carlyle Ave.
Belleville, IL 62221
- Half-day, no-cost training event tailored to provide veterans with expert
instruction in becoming a successful business owner.
- Specifically designed for (1) veterans seeking to launch their own venture and
(2) existing veteran-owned businesses looking to expand their operations.
- Network with business pros and learn from experts on how to: Create an
innovative business model; Gain access to capital/financing; Build partnerships
with local mentors; Access government contracts; and Much more!
REGISTER NOW! Space is
limited, so register now at: https://mv2e2014swic.eventbrite.com.
For questions, contact Julissa Carrasco at Julissa.Carrasco@illinois.gov
or (312) 814-7204.
Hiring Event for Veterans Interested in
Manufacturing and Logistics
Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Hyatt Regency Chicago
151 E. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
and military spouses interested in a career in manufacturing or logistics have
a one-of-a-kind opportunity to attend this upcoming Hiring Our Heroes event in
- Manufacturers are looking to hire veterans. Demand for skilled workers is
high, and qualified veterans are an ideal match for these positions.
- This no-cost hiring fair will feature employers in the manufacturing and
logistics industry that are looking to hire veterans and military spouses with
experience in, or interest getting into, the field of manufacturing and
- This Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) and Warehousing Education and
Research Council (WERC) co-sponsored hiring event is being conducted by the
U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, the Department of Labor Veteran Employment
and Training Service (DOL VETS), the Illinois Committee of the Employer Support
of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), the United States Army Reserve, the U.S.
Department of Veterans Affairs, The American Legion, NBC News, and other local
REGISTER NOW! All
attendees are strongly encouraged to register at the following website: www.hiringourheroes.org/chicago2.
For questions, please email email@example.com
or call 202-463-5807.