Office of Career Services
Watch This Episode Now »
Whether you are exploring your career options or looking for a job or an internship-the Office of Career Services (located in A1120) can assist you. We are a resource center offering a wide range of services available to currently enrolled students and alumni, free of charge. On this site, you will find information about these services along with links to many other useful Internet resources.
Resources and Services
- Individual career counseling sessions
- Interest inventories and assessments for career exploration
- Resume and cover letter critiques
- Job search strategies and interviewing skills workshops
- Customized workshops
- Mock Interviews
- Off and on campus Job and Internship postings
- Career and Internship Fairs
- Annual Etiquette Luncheon
- Annual Professional Image and Career Conference
- Hard copy materials in the office and electronic resources and guides on our website
- Career Resources Library located in the University Library for conducting career exploration and job search research
Be sure to check the Office of Career Services bulletin boards located throughout the campus as well as flyers, posters and the television monitors for upcoming career events/fairs and the latest career information.
If after browsing this site you have any questions, please contact us at 708.235.3974.
Director of Career Services
Thank you for visiting and enjoy your stay.
Job Postings for Students, Alumni And Employers
The Experience website offers students and alumni an opportunity to search for off campus jobs and internships, and also on campus student employment.
Students click here Alumni click here *Employers click here
Career Resources Information
Whether you are just entering the workforce, making a lateral career move or considering a career change, Vault.com is more than just reviews, it provides the intelligence you need for the career you want-search current job openings, research a company, school or industry, get the inside scoop on what it’s really like, and find the career advice you need to launch your career.
Finally, a convenient website that helps you connect majors with careers. For each major that interests you, find an outline of common career areas, typical employers, and strategies designed to maximize career opportunities. Choose "Links" to find a list of websites that provide information about listed majors and related careers.
This free interactive 10 step system takes the guesswork out of finding a job. The system includes workshops on virtually every aspect of the job search process. These 10 steps are designed to guide you through a structured process of acquiring the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in your own job search. Please email the Office of Career Services firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the coupon code in order to get started for free. The email should include your name, phone number, student ID number, and state whether you are a current student or alumni.
(does not require a password) O*NET Online has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more!
For access to Career Cruising, please email the Office of Career Services at email@example.com or call 708-235-3974 to obtain the user name and password for this service.
- Career profiles with multimedia interviews and a Photo File
- Additional military career profiles
- An interest assessment tool with a skills assessment
- A learning styles inventory
- Access to college and university information
- Personal portfolio tool with a built-in resume builder
- An employment guide
Glassdoor is your free inside look at jobs and companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
SAAS Mission Statement
and Shared Values